As much as we love a good cup of coffee, sometimes our bodies don't feel the same way. Anxiety, insomnia and digestive issues are all common side effects of too much coffee. The caffeine addiction is real and is a hard one to break. Switching to herbal teas or less caffeinated beverages, like matcha, are great. But, there is something about the smell and comfort of a good cup of coffee. Enter, dandy blend; one of our favourite ways to enjoy that afternoon cup of coffee without the crash. Dandy blend is an herbal coffee substitute that's a blend of dandelion root, chicory root, barley and rye. It's caffeine-free (yes!) and tastes very similar to coffee (double yes!). It's super simple to make and looks just like an instant coffee powder. It gives a nice smooth, full-bodied flavour without the acidity and bitterness that sometimes comes with coffee. So say goodbye to caffeine crashes, upset stomachs and the caffeine jitters. Not only that, but dandelion root is packed full of nutrition. Dandelion is best known to be a rich source of vitamin A and used in traditional medicine to support liver function. So if you're looking to cut back on your coffee consumption or stop entirely, try the dandy tea latte recipe below!
PREP TIME: 10 / TOTAL TIME: 10
- 1 tbsp Dandy Blend (you can also use pure dandelion tea bags, but we love the flavour and ease of the Dandy Blend)
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup heated milk or milk alternative
- 1 scoop Sproos Collagen (optional)
- 1 tsp natural sweetener, like honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch of spice for added flavour. (optional - cardamom, cinnamon or clove would all work great)
- Add the Dandy Blend instant powder to your favourite mug. Add hot water. Stir until fully dissolved.
- Heat or steam your favourite milk (cashew milk works great in this recipe!). Add your favourite sweetener, spices and collagen. Stir until combined.
- Pour your milk mixture into your mug and enjoy!
- Alternative method: Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until combined and frothy.