These lightly sweet, chewy bars are rich in protein, healthy fats and of course collagen, containing 5 grams per bar. Because of their fat content they get a little oily, so enjoy chilled. Perfect as a quick breakfast, pre or post workout snack, or as a meal replacement when you’re on the run. No time to make your own collagen bars? Try the new Sproos Bar! Just like this recipe, it’s grain free, sweetened with dates and rich in fat, protein and fibre. And, they are a great way to have your Sproos collagen and eat it too. Available in 3 flavours.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes + minimum 1 hour chilling time / COOK TIME: 40 min
- 2/3 cup Delget Noor pitted dates
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 scoops grass fed (bovine) or marine collagen
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Good pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Put the dates in a heat safe bowl and pour just boiled water over them to cover. Allow to sit for at least 10 minutes. Drain.
- Put all the ingredients except the hemp hearts and the chocolate chips into a food processor and wiz until just finely textured.
- Add the hemp hearts chocolate chips and pulse the food processor a couple times to mix them in.
- Press the mixture into silicone or lined loaf pan and chill for couple hours. Turn out onto cutting board and cut into 6 bars. Wrap each in parchment paper and store in the freezer. Enjoy straight from the freezer or although to thaw until just chilled before eating.