Is there anything better than enjoying an iced cold beverage in the hot summer months? Especially in the hot afternoons, we're reaching for something refreshing and hydrating. Lemonade is such a classic and nostalgic treat, but often loaded with sugar. So, we've Sproosed up a classic lemonade recipe using our Collagen Greens. Our Collagen Greens powder is unsweetened and unflavoured making it a great addition to beverages like smoothies. It's packed full of five organic greens including wheatgrass, spirulina, kale, spinach and moringa. Plus, it has all the amazing benefits from wild-caught marine collagen! Since it's a greens powder, the greens can naturally shine through when mixing it on its own with water. The acidity in the lemon juice helps mask some of the greens flavour while also giving that nostalgic lemonade flavour that you want. Feel free to adjust the sweetness to your liking! For those who need an extra caffeine kick in the afternoon or want to enjoy it as a morning beverage, add in 1/2 tsp matcha powder. The earthy flavour of matcha pairs well with the Collagen Greens and provides an extra boost of caffeine and antioxidants.
PREP TIME: 5 min / COOK TIME: 0 min / TOTAL TIME: 5 min
- 1/2 scoop Collagen Greens
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- lemon slices for garnish
- 2 tsp honey
- ice & water to fill glass
- optional: 1/2 tsp matcha
- Add the Collagen Greens, honey and lemon juice to the bottom of a tall glass. Add a tbsp of warm water and mix until powder is dissolved and there are no clumps. A whisk would work really well here too if you have one! Optional: for a caffeine boost, add 1/2 tsp matcha.
- Fill the cup with ice and top with water. Stir until everything is combined and enjoy!