Are you all in with the pumpkin spice latte craze but just don’t want to miss your morning hit of collagen coffee?
Avoid all those additives found in coffee shop pumpkin spice lattes, and give this easy recipe a try. Not only will the collagen give your latte a nutritional lift, it will also make it extra creamy and frothy, with all the indulgence and none of the sugar and chemical hangover.
Why risk messing with a classic by adding collagen? This tasteless addition, whether you choose grass fed (bovine) or marine collagen (from the skin and scales of fish), provides incredible benefits for whole body health without upsetting the taste of your favourite beverage. Well known for supporting skin, hair and nail growth, it also is excellent for improving joint and gut health as well, especially if used consistently over time. So while pumpkin latte season may be brief, be sure to keep collagen in your routine for the long term, by adding it to your coffee, tea, smoothies or even just your water. As we move into this season of indulgence, small efforts like adding collagen to your diet, will help keep your body in balance and you feeling well, despite those inevitable treats.
PREP TIME: 5 min
- 1/2 cup almond, coconut or other milk alternative
- 1 tablespoon of pure organic pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop or sachet of Sproos Marine of Grass Fed Collagen
- 1/2 brewed coffee
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
- A good pinch of: powdered ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice
- To make, simply combine all ingredients in a small pan on medium heat. Whisk continually until frothy and almost but not quite boiling. Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy.