If you’re anything like us, one of your favourite bio-hacks is adapting indulgent treats to make them healthier. Yes, you can just eat the real thing, just perhaps not everyday! That’s where recipes like this protein-rich Collagen Cashew Mylk Eggnog come in. Dairy, egg and refined sugar free, if you’re an eggnog person, you really can enjoy this recipe guilt-free over the holidays, while also getting your fix of collagen and MCT oil. These ingredients not only boost the nutrition, but along with the cashews provide that silky, thick creaminess that eggnog is known for. And for people on an egg free or dairy free diet who’ve always wished they could enjoy eggnog, this recipe will bring you lots of good cheer. This eggnog is best served the day it’s made, as it will thicken up considerable if left in the fridge for a day or two. If this happens simply whisk or blend with a small amount of water or non-dairy milk until it gets back to it’s original consistency. You will notice Collagen Cashew Mylk Eggnog is a bit darker and less yellow than typical eggnog due to the dates, but natural, real foods often look different than their packaged counterparts and that’s ok! Serve on ice or warm in a mug, with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top. Rum additions more than welcome, it is the holidays after all. For more celebration-worthy recipes that incorporate collagen, try our Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe and Pumpkin Spice Collagen Latte recipe.
PREP TIME: 30 min
- ½ cup soaked cashews (cover cashews with hot water and let sit at least ½ hour, drain.)
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 2 scoops MCT oil powder (20 grams )
- 2 scoops Sproos Grass Fed or Marine Collagen (20 grams)
- 5 large pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Good pinch of sea salt
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender until very smooth.
- Serve as is or strain first to achieve an extra silky texture.