We all know we should be eating our greens, healthy fats, and taking supplements like collagen. But sometimes it can be hard to come up with new and interesting ways to incorporate these important elements into our diet. Summer is the perfect time to switch things up and experiment with food. Especially when the temperature starts rising, when we're sure you'll agree, everything cold just tastes better!
Enter Fatbomb Collagen Popsicles. Rich in brain and body boosting essential fats and amino acids? Check. Frozen, refreshing, and fun? Oh yeah. A perfect balance of fibre, fats and protein, and with plenty of micro-nutrients, these popsicles will power your summer adventures while keeping you cool.
Feel free to customize the sweetness and type of sweetener in this recipe to suit your dietary requirements. Use stevia to make them keto, or honey or maple syrup if you prefer. Both options are provided in the recipe. We used Sproos' new Collagen Greens for an extra boost of green vegetables, but Sproos pure Marine or Grass Fed Collagen would work just fine in a pinch. This recipe makes 4 frozen pops, depending on the side of your molds.
PREP TIME: 10 min / TOTAL TIME: 10 min, plus 3 hours chill time
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- Juice of two limes
- 2 scoops Sproos Collagen Greens (or Sproos pure Wild-Caught Marine or Grass Fed Collagen)
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup, OR, if you would like these pops to be appropriate for a keto diet, approximately 15 drops of liquid stevia (however, as stevia sweetness varies, we suggest you start with fewer drops and taste test, adding more stevia as needed.)
- Blend all the ingredients in a high powered blender and puree until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
- Enjoy on a hot day, after a workout, or while just watching Netflix. No judgment.