We know the holidays can be a busy time filled with many hours cooking and baking. That's why we wanted to share with you an EASY, NO-BAKE recipe for (drumroll, please) gingerbread cookie dough bites! This recipe is a twist on the classic holiday cookie, packed with all the same warm flavours and spices and our Marine Collagen. We love to add collagen to our holiday cooking and baking whenever possible, especially our Marine Collagen. Each scoop is packed with 10 grams of wild-caught marine collagen sourced from the North Atlantic Ocean. It is unflavoured and unsweetened, making it easy to add to many different recipes without affecting the taste or texture. Worried about losing the benefits of marine collagen when using it in cooking or baking? Don't be! Our Marine Collagen is made of hydrolyzed collagen peptides. This means that the collagen protein went through a process that breaks down the collagen into smaller pieces. These smaller pieces are collagen peptides. The process of breaking down collagen into collagen peptides means that the collagen is heat-treated. This means that you can add our Marine Collagen to baking and cooking without the risk of destroying the collagen! Bonus: Collagen peptides are easier for the body to absorb and use! If you were looking for a fun holiday recipe to use our Marine Collagen in, this is it! The recipe makes 9 gingerbread cookie dough bites and have just over one gram of Marine Collagen per bite. They perfect snack to power you through your day! Enjoy!
PREP TIME: 10 min / TOTAL TIME: 10 mins, plus 1 hour chill time
- 1 scoop Marine Collagen
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- pinch of salt
- Using a high speed blender or a food processor, pulse all of the dry ingredients together until a fine powder has formed.
- Add dates and all of the wet ingredients to the high speed blender or food processor and blend until a dough-like consistency has formed. If the mixture is too crumbly add in a splash of milk of your choice and blend.
- Once dough has formed, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once chilled, dough can be used to form little balls. Recipe should make about 9 gingerbread cookie dough bites.