KETO COLLAGEN PROTEIN PANCAKES RECIPE
PREP TIME: 15 min / COOK TIME: 15 min / TOTAL TIME: 30-40 min
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sparkling water (regular water will work also, but sparkling helps with the fluffiness)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 scoops (30 grams) Sproos Grass-Fed or Wild Caught Marine Collagen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (or baking powder if you aren't concerned about starch – we find baking powder does result in a fluffier pancake so use it if you can)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl combine together eggs, sparkling water, coconut oil, collagen, and vanilla and whisk very well until frothy.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda/baking powder, and sea salt and whisk again, until very well combined.
- Allow the batter to sit for 10 minutes to allow the baking soda to activate.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat and grease it with coconut oil.
- Once hot, drop 1/8 cup sized amounts of batter into the pan (we used a ¼ cup measuring cup filled halfway) spacing out each pancake.
- Cook until the center of the pancakes has bubbled through and looks pretty much cooked, and the bottom is golden brown. If you notice the pan seems too hot, turn down the heat to between low and medium. Pancakes can be easier to burn.
- Flip and cook the other side until it has browned.
- To keep these keto, serve with a few blueberries and a big drizzle of melted nut or coconut butter or some salted grass-fed butter, or, if keto isn’t your priority, top them with a good old glug of maple syrup.